I will bless the LORD at all times; his praise shall continually be in my mouth.
My soul shall make her boast in the LORD; the humble hear thereof and be glad.
O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together!
I sought the LORD, and he heard me and delivered me from all my fears. (KJV)
I changed the words here to King James Version to match the song I learned in early 1970's when I renewed my faith in the LORD after several years of drifting. Even as I tried to read these verses my heart just had to sing them, and so it is every time I see these words. I often wish all the scripture was set to singable music. It seems sung words stick better in my mind.
Those who look to him are radiant, and their faces shall never be ashamed.
This poor man cried, and the LORD heard him and saved him out of all his troubles. The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear him, and delivers them. Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good!
1. When our focus is on him he clothes us in radiance. Our faces
will never reflect shame.
2. We, troubled financially or spiritually are heard of the LORD
when we cry out to him. His promise is to save us out of our
3. We are encamped with the LORD's angel and delivered out
of the hand of the enemy (Encamped means the angel sets up
his tent in our camp - maybe even sets up his tent, encompassing
our tent within it - in other words bringing to us deliverance and
4. Try him (the LORD) out. You will only find good.
Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him! Oh, fear the LORD, you his saints,
for those who fear him have no lack! The young lions suffer want and hunger;
but those who seek the LORD lack no good thing.
5. He is our refuge, In that promise we are blessed.
6. In giving the LORD reverence we will have no lack.
Come, O children, listen to me; I will teach you the fear of the LORD. What man is there who desires life and loves many days, that he may see good? Keep your tongue from evil and your lips from speaking deceit. Turn away from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it.
The eyes of the LORD are toward the righteous and his ears toward their cry.
7. The LORD's instruction for how to reverence (fear) the LORD
a. Tongue speaking righteously.
b. Lips speaking real truth, not slanted to make you look good.
c. Make your choices based on the LORD's standards of
righteousness , not the world ethics.
d. Let peace be your mode of operation. Seek it with your
e. The LORD sees us individually, and hears our personal cry.
I see the righteous as we who love and worship him. He is the one who makes us righteous and draws us to seek him.
The face of the LORD is against those who do evil, to cut off the memory of them from the earth.
When the righteous cry for help, the LORD hears and delivers them out of all their troubles.
The LORD is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.
8. Evil is not missed by the LORD. Don't count on getting away
9. The LORD hears our cry for help, and delivers us.
10. He is ever present, near to us, when our hearts are broken.
11. We don't suffer a crushed spirit alone. He brings healing and
comfort to the table.
Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the LORD delivers him out of them all.
He keeps all his bones; not one of them is broken.
Affliction will slay the wicked, and those who hate the righteous will be condemned.
The LORD redeems the life of his servants; none of those who take refuge in him will be condemned.
12. Yes, we suffer hard times, but we have the promise of
deliverance by our LORD
13. Where there is no relationship with the LORD there is no
protection from life's afflictions.
14. As servants of the LORD our lives will be redeemed.
15. In him, the LORD, we will find security and safety.
In this day, in the year of our LORD 2012, these promises of an ever present LORD are as true and as present as they were for David.
My security does not depend on who is elected as president in America, although I do have a preference, but on who holds our lives, our security in his hands. His promises are mighty to save.